Well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the Berlin Seminar was entirely draining. It really was. Eleven of us in a little 3 bedroom apartment (if you can call it that) with one bathroom. Yeah, that did create a bit of tension...but it worked out well. Our days were planned from about 8am to midnight. Every day. For 8 days straight. It was intense.
We went to 6 theater productions. They were the weirdest things I have ever had the privelege to see. I cannot even explain. We saw more of Berlin than most people see in a month. We saw things that only Herr Soeder could show us.
I learned so much. I learned that I love traveling to places where I speak the language. I learned so much about Prussian culture, specifically in the context of the Berlin's tulmultuous history. I learned how to deal with condescending German tourguides. I learned that the Bavarian dialect is so much more pleasing to the ears that the one in Berlin. I learned how to ride the public transportation in Berlin (which is absolutely insane). I learned how to deal with different kinds of people. I learned to respect Herr Soeder, even more that I did before. I learned that Munich is really a special place to me. I learned that I know how to have fun and make the best out of things, no matter where I am.
Saturday, March 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment